Have you noticed the thing in your life that you are a natural at? That thing that you are able to just do? I have been watching people all around me develop their gifts, those areas that they excel at. I watched with delight what they can be, do, and the things they create. And then jealously began to grow within me. I wanted something more. I wanted the richness I saw in the lives of these people who were doing what they were so obviously gifted at.
Over time, I have tried on other people's gifts. I did okay with some of them and was lousy with the rest. Okay and lousy is not the measure of my success in the event rather, the enjoyment and ease at which I had at the actual experience.
I know what I like to do. I always have. I like to move in a forward motion outside. Hiking, running, cycling, swimming, and walking. I get a natural high off of it. Even when it hurts like hell. I love it. Has it been fear or insecurity that has kept me from fully claiming this thing in my life? Or have I simply discounted physical motion as a gift?
So here I am. I like moving. I love where it takes me in all realms of my being. Now I'm going for it. Wanna come along?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I want this to be my gift. You are amazing at it. I feel average in everything. This is not a begging for a compliment it's a truth I have only just begun to realize. I Love to excel but only can when i work very very hard at it. Nothing comes easily or naturally.
I do not think our gifts are necessarily about running the fastest, jumping the highest, being the smartest... I think they have more to do with what you are most comfortable doing in your life. What feeds your soul? Maybe yours has more to do with interpersonal skills and relationships.
maybe....Kelly I don't think one week passes that I don't stop and think about you and to myself appreciate the quality of friend you are. I am so thankful for you
i wanna come with in the metaphorical kind of way.
not in the triathlon, run myself sick kind of way.
so yeah...i guess the answers yes.
i want to be outside, but do we have to run?
Post a Comment